Curbside Acupuncture is Wellness from the Comfort of Your Car – Acupuncture & Natural Health Solutions
What is Curbside Acupuncture?
Curbside acupuncture is a minimal contact, drive through service for those wanting to experience the benefits of acupuncture, but are not ready for the face to face contact that occurs during a regular acupuncture treatment.
Curbside acupuncture is particular beneficial for people experiencing:
- High levels of stress
- Chronic stress
- Digestive complaints
- Feelings of fear
- Constant worry
- ….and those seeking a better sense of well-being.
If you are curious about acupuncture, curbside acupuncture is a great, FREE way to try it out.
What Type of Acupuncture Will I Receive?
The heavily researched NADA Protocol (aka the 5 Needle Protocol or 5NP) is what participants will be receiving. Five, tiny, sterile acupuncture needles will be placed in the participant’s ear and retained for 15 – 45 minutes. The participant decides how long the needles will be retained.
Benefits of the NADA Protocol:
- Increased feelings of calmness
- Less agitation
- Feelings of inner quiet and centeredness
- Better sleep
- Relief from stress
- Relief from anger
- Relief from emotional trauma
- Reduced cravings for alcohol
- Reduced cravings for nicotine
- Reduced cravings for food
- Minimized withdrawal symptoms
What to Expect?
- During the day and time of the event, look for the white tent with the bright orange “Curbside Acupuncture” banner.
- Get in the car line for the table under the tent.
- When it is your turn, pull up to the table.
- Someone will give you a short consent form and a curbside Acupuncture Car Kit which includes:
- Travel sized bottle of hand sanitizer
- Tea bag
- Meditation Link
- ….and some other items to enhance your experience and to assist you in relaxing.
- You will park your car in one of the empty spaces marked with an orange cone. Please skip a space between you and the car next to you, so you can remain properly distanced and so I can easily access your ear.
- Once safely parked, please review and sign the consent form. Please keep the pen.
- If it is possible for you to safely sit in the passenger side of your vehicle, please move to that side now. The right ear will give slightly better results, especially if there are any irritability or anger issues. If you cannot safely move to that side, stay put in the driver’s seat.
- Make yourself comfortable.
- A link will be given so you can listen to a meditation while you rest with the needles in place. While you wait for Toni to arrive at your car, this is the perfect time to cue up that mediation.
- Take out the small baggie that contains the cotton ball. Unzip it and inhale deeply. This essential oil will enhance your ability to relax during treatment.
- Decide if you want to remain for 15, 30 or 45 minutes.
- Turn off your phone.
- Once the needles are placed, close your eyes, inhale the essential oil, start the meditation and breathe deeply.
- When your time is up, Toni will remove the needles from your ear and you are free to go.
- You will be in a very relaxed state, so be sure to triple check before pulling out of your parking space.
When and Where is the next Curbside acupuncture event?
Thursday, September 24, 2020 from 3:30pm – 6:30pm at the Galleria Shoppes at Vanderbilt.
Look for the white tent with the bright orange banner at the northeastern parking lot of the plaza.